Generous friends we haven't seen since before Maya came to visit with gifts.
- The Laduree lemon tart was zingingly fresh with the thinnest crisp shell and covered in the freshest raspberries my daughter insisted on eating all of.
- Pierre Marcolini buck the trend with their single-bite truffles. Their single origin ones are a great way to notice differences in cocoa, they're also delicious.
Maya and I also went to visit two bakeries:
- My first visit to Arôme's permanent site in Covent Garden with Maya's godmother to try all the pastries (we also went to Floozie cookies). The banana chocolate croissant was a hug in puddingy pastry form.
- On Sunday as a family date to try Casey's in Clapton. One of the best cinnamon buns I've ever had. Soft and still-warm and so satisfying.
- Their brownie - made with Land Chocolate - also deserves a mention.